#1 SAT and ACT Test Prep in Boulder
If you’re a high school student who wants to go to college, you probably know that you need to take the SAT® or ACT. These standardized tests measure your academic skills and readiness for college. They’re used by most colleges and universities in the US as part of their admission criteria, and they’re also used by many scholarship programs and financial aid providers to determine your eligibility and tuition award amount.
But taking these tests isn’t easy. They’re challenging, time-consuming, and stressful. They cover a wide range of topics and question types that require you to apply your knowledge, reasoning, and problem-solving skills. They also have strict time limits that put pressure on you to work fast and accurately. This is why many students in Boulder need SAT or ACT test prep to unlock their full academic potential and pass these exams without hassle.
Top 4 Reasons to Prep for SAT and ACT exams:
- You need a test prep solution that’s effective, engaging, and personalized.
- You need a test prep solution that can help you learn at your own pace, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and track your progress and performance.
- You need a test prep solution that teaches you the essential skills and tips for the tests.
- You need a test prep solution that can provide you with expert guidance and support from experienced instructors and tutors.
Why Risk Getting Mediocre Scores on One of the Most Important Tests You’ll Ever Take?
At Dragonfly we customize a program designed to meet a student’s specific academic needs.
- No two students are exactly the same, and the Dragonfly Test Prep Program is NOT “one size fits all.”
- By individualizing student’s programs, we do not waste time teaching information your student already knows, and we do not frustrate them by starting with content that is too advanced.
Students will learn the latest skills and strategies designed to score higher on the SAT® or ACT.
- We only use the latest test prep materials.
- We also provide students with additional content material and worksheets to practice key skills and strategies between sessions.
You and your student will enjoy the in-home convenience of Dragonfly.
- We match students with one of our trained, professional tutors who will travel to your home or a convenient location.
- You never need to worry about getting your student to an appointment on time again. We come to you!
Students will enjoy the benefits of consistent, one-to-one instruction.
- Students will not be part of a class, nor have to endure changing instructors.
- Students will be matched with the best possible tutor and will work with that tutor exclusively for the duration of the program.
At Dragonfly Education, We’ve Removed the Barriers to Personalized Test Prep
We’re offering solutions that meet every need:
- With our self-paced ACT and SAT test prep packages, you receive unlimited access to both programs – until you graduate high school – starting at $249.
- If you need a few private, one-on-one tutor hours for specific questions or sections of the test, we’ve got you covered. Just give us a call and we’ll set you up with the number of private tutoring hours you need.
- If your student needs a little extra motivation to get started, we can help with one of our complete packages – at an hourly discount.
Dragonfly Education prides itself on our flexibility and partnership with our families to meet their specific needs.
Go With the #1 Test Prep Program for SAT and ACT in Boulder
Prepping for the SAT and ACT can help you:
- Improve your scores and increase your chances of getting into your dream college and getting scholarships and financial aid
- Boost your confidence and reduce your anxiety and stress on test day
- Learn the content and skills that are relevant and useful for your academic and career goals
- Develop the habits and strategies that can help you succeed in college and beyond
Why Take the SAT or ACT Exam?
When determining whether your student should take the SAT or ACT test there are multiple facets to think about. The SAT and the ACT are college entrance exams that may determine whether you can get into the school of your choice, they’re used by some academic advisors to help place new freshmen in appropriate-level classes, they’re used to determine merit-based grants and scholarships, and more. While some colleges have stopped using these entrance exams, most schools still require them, and the schools that no longer use them may require placement tests for class-level assignments. All of these items have time and financial benefits associated with them and a well-thought-out plan of action is recommended.
Which Exam Should My Student Take, the SAT or ACT?
This is a question that Dragonfly Education has been asked often. The truth is, it’s difficult to know specifically which test would be the best. Most tutoring businesses suggest you do full-length exams of both tests to determine which one you do better on, but we all know this isn’t scientific evidence. So, we decided it was time to finally tackle this question head-on by helping our families in two new ways.
First, we have a cognitive online assessment for your student that will not only show which test is better but also how much better your student can do based on your student’s natural test-taking capabilities and the nuances of each test.
Second, we’ve decided to remove the need to decide on a particular test when you purchase your test prep. We now offer unlimited access to both our SAT and ACT online test programs until you graduate from high school for one low price!
We’re offering test prep this way because, in general, the ACT and the SAT cover the same topics. Changes made to the SAT have made the tests more similar than ever. Neither test is harder than the other and most colleges do not prefer one test over another. It comes down to different strengths for different students. One thing to note is that many high schools in the US use these tests in the 11th grade, or junior year, as their academic standards test. In Colorado, the SAT (and PSAT) test has been chosen as the academic standards test and every student in a public school will have the opportunity to take the test one time at no cost to them. The test is taken in the spring, usually in April.
If you would like to know more about the Colorado state assessments click here.
If you’d like to know more about the specific structure of the tests see our table below.
SAT vs. ACT: A comparison of the exams.
Don’t Hesitate to Get the Test Prep Your Student Deserves!
Dragonfly Education has a proven proram and Boulder’s best private tutors that provide you with everything you need to succeed on the SAT and ACT. With our wide range of options that fit all busy schedules and test prep needs, you’ll find we’re the best test prep choice in Boulder and the surrounding areas.
You’ll get access to:
- Unlimited access to our online SAT and ACT test prep courses until you graduate
- Self-paced curricula that cover all the topics and question types on the tests. You can learn at your own pace, review the lessons as many times as you need, and practice with hundreds of realistic questions and explanations.
- Strength and weakness assessments that help you identify your areas of improvement. You can take diagnostic tests, quizzes, and practice tests that give you instant feedback and personalized recommendations on what to focus on next.
- Data tracking that shows you your progress and performance. You can monitor your scores, accuracy, speed, and confidence levels on each section and question type. You can also compare your results with other students and see where you rank.
- Power classes that teach you essential skills such as eliminating, pacing, and identifying the difficulty of questions. You can join live or recorded sessions with expert instructors who have more than 20 years of experience in helping students improve their scores. You can also ask questions and get answers from the instructors and other students.
- Access to expert instructors who have experience in helping students improve their scores. When you purchase our online program, you can add one-on-one in-home or online tutoring with instructors who know the tests inside and out.